Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Showered with Love

I had a wonderful baby shower just nine days before LilliAnn was born! The shower was supposed to be a surprise, but because of the predicted ice and snow storm that was supposed to hit us on the weekend of the shower date it was moved to the next weekend so the word sort of "leaked out" (Aunt Johnna!). I kind of suspected I was having a shower when my mom told me that I needed to get a dress to wear "just in case" someone was to give me a shower. No one had really mentioned giving me a shower, besides the one I had a work, and I just figured that I really didn't need a shower for my second baby - even though it was a different sex. The shower was at my parents' house and my mom, Suzanne, Blair, my cousin Mica, and my Aunt Johnna stayed up until 4 am the night before to decorate and make sure that everything looked just perfect for my baby girl shower!
~
Love the invitation!
~
~
~
LilliAnn is named after my great-grandmother, Lillian McKenzie, so they decorated with some of Grandma McKenzie's things.

~
This is a picture that grandma had drawn and she loved scrabble so they used some of her old scrabble pieces.
~
A picture of Lillian and her pink telephone
~
My very best friend, Kari
~
Mica and Stacey enjoying their pink champagne
~
Time to open gifts!
~
Lovin' all this cute girl stuff!
~
~
~
This is a little table that my cousin/sister-in-law, Lacee, painted for LilliAnn
~
~
Reid even helped me open gifts
~
With my mother-in-law, Missy
~
Kelli Ann - 9 months pregnant, Lacee - 4 months pregnant
~
Look at that belly!
~
Mom got me a little package with inspirational motherly quotes in it...she read one to me every day until LilliAnn was born.
~
The Decorators - Suzanne and Blair Brown
~
The hand-made smocked gown and bonnet that my Aunt Gayla made for LilliAnn
~
The Fabulous Four - Julie, Kelli Ann, Kari, & Logan
~
Girls and their boys...Julie & Cash, Kelli Ann & Reid, Sassy & Crewe
~
The Girls...Lacee, Mica, Kelli Ann, Logan, Kari, Stacey, & Sassy
~
So many cute clothes
~
I couldn't have asked for a more perfect baby shower. I was truly showered with so much love! 

No comments:

Post a Comment